What is Nolij?
Nolij is a web-based document imaging, management and workflow solution used at Middlebury to electronically collect, store, and manage documents. Nolij enables departments to store scanned electronic versions of paper documentation, eliminating the need for physical storage of the original documents.
Which Departments use Nolij?
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Bread Loaf School of English
- Academic Affairs
- Department of Public Safety
- Human Resources
Nolij Login Troubleshooting
When accessing Nolij in Internet Explorer some user may see the Perceptive Nolij Web logo in the browser tab, but the login screen will not load.
This problem is typically caused by one of two things:
- “Middlebury.edu” being present in the “Compatibility View Settings” for Internet Explorer.
- Browser history not cleared since the upgrade to version 6.8 on 10/6/14.
To remove “Middlebury.edu” from the compatibility view settings do the following:
From the “Compatibility View Setting” menu select “Middlebury.edu” and then click <REMOVE>. The browser page will automatically refresh.
Note that in Internet Explorer version 9 the screen will look like the one below. If the ‘Display all websites in Compatibility View’ box is checked you’ll need to uncheck it. When you’re done the screen should look like this:
To clear the browser history on Internet Explorer:
- Choose Tools -> Internet Options
- Under Browsing History click delete
You’ll get the following screen. Check the values as you see them below and click delete.
You should now be able to access the login screen.
Nolij Java Troubleshooting
Please note that as of April 2015 all java functions (scanning, file explorer and document editing) are not supported in Chrome. Use IE or Firefox instead.
- When Java is disabled or not installed people will get this error when logging in. If the user clicks ‘Proceed without Java’ they can get into Nolij just fine and most features will work. The most important feature missing is dragging and dropping new documents into Nolij.
- Check the java installation and make sure the currently authorized version is running (7.45 as of 10/14).
a. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin b. Double click the javacpl.exe file to open Java Control Panel. c. Click the Java tab d. Click View button
e. If you don’t see 1.7.0_45 on this screen please contact the Help Desk for assistance in getting the right version of java on your machine.