Notices in Millennium
PAGING SLIPS and NOTICES in MILL CIRC
Process paging slips morning, early afternoon and evenings
NExpress (inn-reach) Paging Slips see also: detailed NExpress workflow
- Make sure there is blue paper in the printer
- Click on Mill icon and log in to mnotices/mnotices
- Click on NOTICES mode; click on “new” icon
- Select Inn-Reach Paging Slips
- Click on “prepare” icon
- Select local printer ("BLUE") and click on "print" button; click on "print" button again
- Click on “send notices” button (pressing print icon button will only print the page – you must press send to generate the notices)
- Click on "OK" button
- Paging slips will now be sent to the printer selected
- Click "yes" to "clear all print notices?" AFTER confirming that all notices have printed
- Click on "close" icon
- Davis Fam paging slips go in the pocket of the red NExpress cart
- Armstrong paging slips should be faxed to Armstrong, then recycled
Midd Paging - Summer sessions only
- Repeat above procedure selecting "Item Paging Slips" (during the summer when requesting of available items is turned on.)
- Blue paper is not needed - can be printed to the circ printer.
- Retrieve items listed on paging slips (fax those at Armstrong to Armstrong for retrieval)
- Check in items - print hold slip and place on holdshelf OR put in transit and place in bin to Davison as needed.
- Bin remains at the circ desk until the BL courier calls from downstairs - do not take bins to the loading dock.
Items requested for pickup at Mills - Summer session only
- Any paging slip with a pickup location of Mills should follow this procedure
- If item is not on shelf, a standard cancellation notice will be generated by Main Circ and the item status will be changed to “missing”
- If the book is found, bring the book and paging slip to ILL staff who will take it from there.
- Select other notice types as needed to generate notices manually
- Prepare manual notices – hourly; pick-up and cancellation; recalls; bills and fines; to notify borrower as needed
- When finished with all notices and paging, click on "close" icon again; "save new job?"- click on "no" - do not save new job; exit/close mill circ session
- Auto notices run at 5 am daily