Off Campus Access
Configuring VPN in Windows and Mac OS X
- Instructions for XP and Mac OS X Panther and Tiger are here:http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/lis/help/helpdesk/documentation/network/off-campus/vpn/
- Instructions for Vista: Configure the Windows Vista Native VPN Client
- Instructions for Mac OS X Leopard: Configure the Mac Leopard VPN Client
- Instructions for Comcast customers (aka "Comcast workaround").
iPhone 3G, iPhone v2 and iPod Touch
- Note: do not save your password as it provides additional access to network resources
- Note: If you don't see the "exchange" option, you may need an update for your iPod touch, see http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/softwareupdate.html
- Instructions to configure VPN on the iPhone
Troubleshooting VPN Connections
See: Troubleshooting VPN
Why do we want to use VPN? When we are off-campus it lets us access College resources that would be unavailable off-campus without VPN. VPN can also be used to secure a network that is inherently insecure (e.g. wireless at a cafe/airport).
- However, Mac OS X, by default, only sends traffic destined for the College over VPN. Any other traffic (e.g. Google, Amazon, etc.) is not sent via VPN, even if the VPN is running. This is known as "split VPN", and is turned ON by default on Mac OS X.
- On Windows, doing VPN comes with a certain cost -- the network connection when VPN is running is slower. This is because split VPN is NOT turned on by default in Windows.
To turn split VPN on or off, visit the Split VPN page.
Windows Vista Dial-Up Connection Setup:
- Click on the Windows Logo button or Start button and select Connect To.
- Click on "Setup a connection or network".
- Select "Setup a dial-up connection" and then click next.
- In the box labeled "Phone Number:" type the College's dial-in number (the Helpdesk has this on file, please call or e-mail)
- In the box labeled "User Name:" type your username.
- In the box labeled "Password:" type your password.
- In the box labeled "Connection Name:" type Midd Dialup and click Next.
- Click the Skip button and select the option that says "Setup the connection anyway".
Click the Close button.
http://go.middlebury.edu/documentation -- Network => Off-campus Access => Dial-In
For Helpdesk Staff
Follow this link for the number required to access dial up from off campus- https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/wiki/hi/Off_Campus_Dial_Up_Access
Remote Desktop Access
See this note Remote Desktop Access about obtaining, and using a computer that's on-campus, while you are physically off the college campus.