Office 365 Groups
What is Office 365 Groups?
Office 365 Groups, a part of Microsoft's Office 365 suite, let you choose a set of people that you wish to collaborate with and easily set up a collection of resources for those people to share. You don’t have to worry about manually assigning permissions to all those resources because adding members to the group automatically gives them the permissions they need to the tools your group provides.
Using Groups to Create an Email Distribution List
Office 365 Groups is replacing Lyris as the new self-service solution for distribution lists.
Like Lyris, users will have the ability to:
- Create a new public or private group
- Add internal and external members to the group
- Create a new discussion or reply to the group through email
- Office 365 Groups will be completely self service, allowing you to create and manage your own groups without needing to engage ITS.
- Enhanced web interface and resource collaboration available to internal organizational users
Where do I start?
To learn how to create, manage, and use Office 365 Groups, please review the available resources below: