Online Databases: Adding New Titles to SubjectsPlus & Midcat
- When a newly purchased database is licensed and ready for access by Middlebury users, Subscriptions & E-Resource Coordinator (Arabella) Holzapfel notifies: Electronic Services Librarian (Bryan Carson), designated cataloging staff (Michael Warner, Richard Jenkins), and Head of Collections and Digital Initiatives (Rebekah Irwin). The coordinator also gives the active URL for new resource.
- Electronic Services Librarian ez-proxies the database and adds it to SubsPlus, thus creating a persistent URL for a new MIDCAT record.
- Electronic Services Librarian then notifies the designated catalogers that the new DB is ezproxied and is in SubsPlus.
- Cataloger(s) import or create a MARC record, inserting the PURL into the 856 field. (Michael will import & edit any appropriate existing OCLC records. He will notify Richard if a database needs a new record created.)
- Head of Collections (?) notifies all Liaisons that the new database is in SubsPlus
- When appropriate, the Head of Collections (?) adds the new database to "What's New" and creates a LIS Blog post.
- Liaisons add the new databases to their Subject Guides as soon as possible.