Online Databases: Adding New Titles to SubjectsPlus & Midcat
- When a newly purchased database is licensed and ready for access by Middlebury users, the Subscriptions & E-Resource Coordinator (Arabella Holzapfel) notifies: Electronic Services Librarian (Bryan Carson), designated cataloging staff (Michael Warner, Richard Jenkins), and Head of Collections and Digital Initiatives(Rebekah Irwin). The coordinator also gives the active URL for new resource.
- Electronic Services Librarianez-proxies the database and adds it to SubsPlus, thus creating a persistent URL for a new MIDCAT record.
- Electronic Services Librarian then notifies the designated catalogers that the new DB is ezproxied and is in SubsPlus.
- Cataloger(s) import or create a MARC record, inserting the PURL into the 856 field. (Michael will import & edit any appropriate existing OCLC records. He will notify Richard if a database needs a new record created.)
- Head of Collections (?) notifies all Liaisons that the new database is in SubsPlus
- When appropriate, the Head of Collections (?) adds the new database to "What's New" and creates a LIS Blog post.
- Liaisons add the new databases to their Subject Guides as soon as possible.