Password Help for Middlebury Accounts
In the format of firstname.lastname@example.org', yourMiddlebury 'account provides access to authorized services and resources, such as e-mail, the wireless network, cloud storage on Google and OneDrive, printing, software installations, BannerAdmin, Oracle, and more. You should protect your account with a strong password and keep it safe so it is known only to you.
Tips for a Successful Midd Password Change
- Always turn off all mobile devices before changing your network password to avoid account lockouts due to attempted connections using your old password.
- Whenever practical, change your password while on the Middlebury College network.
Changing Midd Account Passwords (when current password is known)
Students change their password using this website: https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspx
Faculty & Staff with a college-issued computer who are ON the campus network
The preferred method for a password change when you know your current password is to use your computer's operating system as follows.
Important Note: If you have multiple computers, we recommended using your macOS computer to change your password.
For Windows, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then choose "Change a Password."
For MacOS, open Systems Preferences, then Users & Groups. Select your user account, then click the Change Password... button.
Faculty & Staff who are OFF-campus or are NOT using a college-issued computer
Change account password using this website https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspx
Once you return to campus it may be necessary to restart your computer connected to a network to update computer password. macOS will require a wireless password be updated.
How to Reset Midd Account Passwords (when current password is NOT known)
In cases where the Midd password has been forgotten, faculty, staff, and students all use this link to reset their password:
https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com (User ID in email@example.com format)
Other Middlebury Accounts
- Full Featured Guests visit https://middguests.middlebury.edu/and click ‘Forgot your password?’ A password reset link will be sent to associated email.
- Basic Guest Wireless Account visit http://cpauth.middlebury.eduand repeat enrollment process.
- Courtesy Accounts reset using a college-owned computer on the campus network or call Helpdesk for assistance.
- Sponsored Guests https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/LIS/Sponsored_access_guestChange using https://bat.middlebury.edu/activate/
Password Policy and Guidelines
Our password policy can be found here, along with pointers about how to create strong passwords: