Password Help for Middlebury Accounts
In the format of firstname.lastname@example.org, your Middlebury account provides access to authorized services and resources, such as e-mail, the wireless network, cloud storage on Google and OneDrive, printing, software installations, BannerAdmin, Oracle, and more. You should protect your account with a strong password and keep it safe so it is known only to you.
Tips for a Successful Midd Password Change
- Always turn off all mobile devices before changing your network password to avoid account lockouts due to attempted connections using your old password.
- Whenever practical, change your password while you are on the Middlebury College network.
I KNOW MY PASSWORD and want to change it
Faculty & Staff using a college-issued computer ON the campus network
The preferred method for a password change when you know your current password is to use your computer's operating system, as follows.
Important Note: If you have multiple computers, we recommended using your macOS computer to change your password.
For Windows, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then choose "Change a Password."
For MacOS, open Systems Preferences, then Users & Groups. Select your user account, then click the Change Password... button.
ALL STUDENTS; also Faculty & Staff who are either OFF-campus or NOT using a college-issued computer
Change your Midd password using this website http://go.middlebury.edu/changepassword.
Once you return to campus it may be necessary to restart your computer connected to a network to update computer password. macOS will require a wireless password be updated.
I DON'T KNOW MY PASSWORD and need to reset it
In cases where the Midd password has been forgotten, faculty, staff, and students all use this link to reset their password:
http://go.middlebury.edu/resetpassword (User ID in email@example.com format)
Other Middlebury Accounts
- Full Featured Guests visit https://middguests.middlebury.edu/and click ‘Forgot your password?’ A password reset link will be sent to associated email.
- Basic Guest Wireless Account visit http://cpauth.middlebury.eduand repeat enrollment process.
- Courtesy Accounts reset using a college-owned computer on the campus network or call Helpdesk for assistance.
- Sponsored Guests https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/LIS/Sponsored_access_guestChange using https://bat.middlebury.edu/activate/
Password Policy and Guidelines
Our password policy can be found here, along with pointers about how to create strong passwords: