Perceptive Content: InstallPerceptiveContent
How to Install Perceptive Content
The Perceptive Content client is only available for Windows. Mac users have the following option:
Mac users who do not need to scan documents may use the web version of Content: Experience
Install the software - 2020 and later laptops (via Company Portal)
- Open the Company Portal
- If you do not see the company portal choice above then follow the directions for pre-2020 laptops.
- Choose Perceptive Content
- Click the Install button
- Wait while it downloads and installs
- Type Content into the Windows search box and choose Perceptive Content.
- If your login screen already shows MiddleburyProd (see below) above the username then you’re all set. If you don’t see MiddleburyProd, or if you will need to use the test version of Content, then follow the instructions under Set up a Connection Profile
Install the software - pre -2020 laptops (via KACE)
- For best results, use a wired (Ethernet) connection from on-campus.
- Visit https://vigo.middlebury.edu (or use http://go/kss).
- Log in with your Middlebury username and password; leave the Organization field blank.
- Note: Your email address will not work on this site; you must use your username.
- Click the "Want Software? Go to the downloads page" button.
- Click the 'Install Perceptive Content Desktop Client' link.
- Check the "Device to install software on:” dropdown to confirm it shows your pc.
- Click the "Run Now" button.
- You'll be brought to a Download History window. Be patient, it takes the installer some time to start. You'll soon see the installation Wizard working.
- You'll see a few windows pop up as it installs. Just choose Install, Yes, OK or Finish as needed. When done you will see a window like this:
- Log out of the download site by clicking "Log Out" in the upper right hand of the window.
- Perceptive Content is installed but you need to restart your computer to see it.
- After restarting you should see the Content shortcut, on your desktop. Double-click it to get the login screen.
- If your login screen already shows MiddleburyProd (see below) above the username then you're all set. If you don’t see MiddleburyProd, or if you will need to use the test version of Content, then follow the instructions under Set up a Connection Profile
Install the software (Windows Only) Monterey campus
Contact the Monterey help desk to install the software for you.
- Log in with your regular ID. You’ll see a toolbar that looks like this, maybe with fewer icons. Success!
=== Set up a Connection Profile ==0
- In the upper left of the login screen click Connection Profiles, then Edit Connection Profiles.
- Click the Create button. Fill the screen out as show below.
- If you'll be using the test system create one for dev:
If issues arise with the current release, resolutions will appear below