Photoshop CS4 Does Not Recognize My Scanner
Q: Adobe Photoshop CS4 does not recognize my scanner in Mac OS X. What should I do?
A: Adobe Photoshop CS4 no longer automatically installs the TWAIN plug-in it needs to recognize your scanner. Follow these steps to manually install the TWAIN plug-in:
- Quit Photoshop CS4.
- Insert the CS4 installation disc.
- Browse to the Goodies > Optional Plug-Ins > Import-Export folder.
- Copy the TWAIN plug-in file to the Adobe Photoshop CS4 > Plug-ins > Import-Export folder on your hard disk.
- Restart Photoshop to enable the plug-in.
If you can’t find the TWAIN plug-in file on the Photoshop CS4 DVD, you can download it from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404900.html#h1
Note: If you encounter any of the following problems when using the TWAIN plug-in with Photoshop CS4 on an Intel-based Mac, please contact Adobe Systems Inc. for further support (see Adobe Knowledgebase ID# kb404900):
- Photoshop or Epson Scan freezes or quits unexpectedly.
- You are unable to close the Epson Scan window.
- You see errors during the import.
- The preview of the imported image, or the imported images itself, appears incorrect on the screen.