Poster Creation with Adobe Illustrator
Here are some Middlebury-specific pointers concerning poster creation using Adobe Illustrator.
Naming Your File
Filenames should be your course number, an underscore, and your userid. Like this: COURSE0101a_userid.ai. For example, if I were taking a first year seminar, my poster would be called FYSE1090a_jdurante.ai
Important Plotter Printer Lore
- The plotters thrive on gentle handing. DO SEEK HELP for any task, including changing paper or cleaning the plotter.
- A poster can take up to 20 minutes to print! Schedule your time accordingly and avoid waiting until the last minute before class or during crunch times when many posters are due on the same day.
- Be patient. Wait for the plotter to cut the poster; tearing can cause serious damage.
Location of Poster Printers & Getting Help
- The Wilson Multimedia Development Lab in the Davis Family Library (DFL 220). Contact a DLINQ intern in the lab for assistance.
- Armstrong Library in McCardell Bicentennial Hall (MBIH 209). Contact Shawn O'Neil (443-3286) for assistance.