Difference between revisions of "Printer Installation and Usage"
Revision as of 09:01, 15 April 2010
This document will guide you through installing and using printers.
- 1 Install a Printer on a PC
- 2 Install a Printer on a Mac
- 3 Toner
- 4 Paper
- 5 Print Release System
- 6 Troubleshooting Printers and Printing Issues
- 7 Miscellaneous Printer Notes
Install a Printer on a PC
For documentation on how to connect to the College's network printers on your PC, please visit Connect_To_Network_Printers_-_Windows
Install a Printer on a Mac
For documentation on how to connect to the College's network printers on your Mac, please visit Connect_To_Network_Printers_-_Mac_OS_X
How do I replace the toner cartridge?
Usually, instructions are available directly on the toner packaging (or a slip inside the toner box). Instructions may be displayed on the printer's LED screen or inside the toner compartment. For some specific cases see the list below:
- Kyocera FS9530DN: Replacing the toner is very easy and available on the packaging. The Kyocera manual details the procedure as well. Kyocera recommends cleaning the printer each time the toner is replaced. Cleaning the printer is easy and the procedure is available in the manual.
How do I obtain toner?
- Toner for public printers (e.g. Main Library, Sunderland computer labs, etc) is delivered automatically by Symquest, when Symquest notices that the printer is running low on toner. The Helpdesk can order more toner out of cycle, if needed.
- Offices and departments that have printers with Symquest tags should contact Symquest.
- Toner for personal inkjets or laser printers that do not have a Symquest tag should be ordered by the person that uses the printer.
How do I obtain paper?
Paper for public printers is ordered by the Helpdesk.
Please contact Facilities Services to obtain toner for office/departmental printers, as well as individual faculty and staff printers.
A public printer is out of paper and there are not paper boxes around. What do I do?
Contact the Helpdesk. Most of the paper is stored inside cabinets that Helpdesk consultants can access. If the cabinet is out of paper the Main Library has an emergency store.
Print Release System
The College has implemented a new Print Release System. For details, see the article Print Release System.
Troubleshooting Printers and Printing Issues
For troubleshooting and resolving issues with printers and printing, see the article Troubleshooting_Printers_and_Printing_Issues.
Miscellaneous Printer Notes
Canon Printer Drivers Direct Download Link (Mac and PC)
For some reason, the canon website makes it awfully difficult to obtain the drivers. Here's a direct download link for canon printer drivers (mac and pc): http://www.usa.canon.com/html/download/imagerunner.html
Adding printers that have mailbox features
These printers may prompt for an ID number before you are able to print (use your college ID or try a blank ID). They may need updated drivers (see above)
Xerox Work Centre 245/255 Documentation
Several locations on campus have Xerox Work Centre 245’s that are capable of making copies, printing documents, sending a FAX, and/or scanning documents. Documentation is available on the Xerox website as well as in our Xerox Work Centre 245-255 Documentation article.
HP DesignJet Z2100
Currently located in CFA340. There are some issues with printing via a print server on Macs, power saving issues, and paper size issues on Macs. See the HP DesignJet Z2100 article for more details.