Qualtrics allows users to design online surveys that can be shared with a variety of participants.
Creating an Account
- Login page: https://middlebury.qualtrics.com.
- To login use your full Middlebury network e-mail [email@example.com] and password (the same username and password you use to access Midd network services, e.g. E-Mail, Google Drive, Microsoft O365).
- When creating a survey, you must explain your objectives and procedures, and any risks and benefits to the respondents.
- As you conduct surveys, you have the responsibility of protecting the rights of the respondents.
- You must protect the confidentiality, and respect the privacy, of the respondents.
- The survey must include a method for the respondents to reach you with questions or concerns.
- For certain research involving human subjects, you must get permission from the Institutional Review Board (IRB): http://go.middlebury.edu/irb.
- To learn more about when it is necessary to go through IRB approval, what constitutes “personally identifiable information”, what information should never be collected, what requires special approval, etc. consult the full policy document at http://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/wiki/LIS/KeySurvey-policy.
Getting Started with Qualtrics
- Learn Qualtrics in 5 Steps
- Ebook: A Guide to Using Qualtrics Research Suite
- Register For A Live Training Webinar
- Watch Pre Recorded Trainings
- Frequently Asked Questions (e.g. How to insert a heading into the survey)
Questions about Qualtrics
You may contact one Middlebury's brand administrators if you have questions about working with Qualtrics:
College: Adela Langrock, Director of Assessment and Institutional Research
Institute: Grace O’dell, Career & Academic Advisor
Visit the Qualtrics Support Portal #REDIRECT https://www.qualtrics.com/support/
- To file a ticket or for technical support click "Contact Support"
- Login via SSO (single-sign on), if prompted use organizational ID: Middlebury
Specific Help Topics
- Question options
- Using skip logic in your survey
- Formatting Answer Choices
- General Look & Feel of your survey
- Online training with Basecamp (use "middlebury" if prompted for organization ID)
Additional Qualtrics Features
- Recode Values https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/recode-values/
- Embedded Data http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/advanced-building/survey-flow/embedded-data
- Email Triggers http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/advanced-building/advanced-options-drop-down/email-triggers
- Quotas http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/advanced-building/advanced-options-drop-down/quotas
- Sharing a project with other Colleagues https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/my-projects/sharing-a-project/
- Reminder/Thank you Emails to those that have not taking or finished your survey https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/emails/email-distribution-management/
- Ability to add multimedia to surveys http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/basic-building/editing-questions/rich-text-editor/insert-media
- Scoring http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/advanced-building/advanced-options-drop-down/scoring