Difference between revisions of "Re-imaging circulating laptops"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
Revision as of 14:12, 17 January 2014
When a fac/staff laptop gets returned, circ staff should follow these steps to clear it before it goes out again.
- Login as yourself.
- Find and click “Application folder” (it’s helpful to be in “column view” for the next few steps)
- Scroll down to “Utilities folder” and click
- Then click “MIDD folder”
- Double click “Loaner reset and delete” application
- “Deletion utility” window appears: click “Delete”
- Re-enter your password (slowly) and click “OK,” then click “OK” again (window will close itself)
- “This loaner has been reset back to factory defaults” box appears. Click “Restart now”
- When log in screen appears again, click “Shut down”
- Login as yourself
- From the start menu search box, type c:/lis
- Double click "clean me"
- Click YES
- In the black window there will be text that says "Delete inactive profiles on COMPUTER (so and so) (Yes/No). Type Y for yes.
- The program will run, then say "Done. Press any key to continue..."
- Shut down