Re-imaging circulating laptops
When a fac/staff laptop gets returned, circ staff should follow these steps to clear it before it goes out again.
- Upon check in, we log in as yourself
- We got to the Utilities folder under Applications
- Open "Self Service"
(the MIDD folder may still be there initially, but don't use the old approach — or if you do, make sure you can restart the computer AND log in again!)
- Click on the link on the right that says "Utilities"
- Click on the "Erase" button below the heading "Loaners: Express Delete Local Users"
- The next prompt will warn you that all user files are about to be deleted
- Shut down the computer
- Login as yourself
- From the start menu search box, type c:/lis
- Double click "clean me"
- Click YES
- In the black window there will be text that says "Delete inactive profiles on COMPUTER (so and so) (Yes/No). Type Y for yes.
- The program will run, then say "Done. Press any key to continue..."
- Shut down