Release and Renew IP Address
Windows 10 - Release and Renew IP Address
- Click the magnifying glass icon on the Task Bar, then type cmd in the search field.
- In the list of results, right-click on Command Prompt then click Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to allow changes when prompted.
- In the window that appears type ipconfig /release then press Enter.
- After a brief delay the IP address will be released.
- Type in ipconfig /renew then press Enter.
If you have a working network connection this will renew your IP resolving any connection issues.
MacOS, thru Big Sur (11.5) - Release and Renew IP Address
- Click on the Apple logo (top left corner), click System Preferences. In the window that appears click Network.
- Click on Ethernet in the list on the left, then click the button Advanced in the lower right corner.
- Under the TCP/IP tab click the button Renew DHCP Lease. Click the OK button.
Further Network Troubleshooting