Resources Available from Off-campus
Many computing and library resources and services are available to members of the College community when off-campus. This listing samples many of those most frequently used:
- Apporto allows apps and virtual desktops to be delivered via web browser. No VPN needed! Use http://go.middlebury.edu/apporto in your web browser then log in with your email address and password.
- OneDrive and Google Drive file storage: No VPN needed! Use http://go.middlebury.edu/onedrive or http://go.middlebury.edu/gdrive in your web browser then log in with your email address and password.
- Middfiles, Miisfiles, and other networked drives: For greatest functionality, use VPN.
- Important: Web Access offers good functionality -- without the need for VPN!
- Email: Log in to http://go.middlebury.edu/mail
For details, see Webmail Help.
- LinkedIn Learning's online learning: To access thousands of video-based courses and movies, visit http://go.middlebury.edu/LIL then log in with your Middlebury username and password.
- Banner Admin, Hyperion reporting, Content7, and FAMIS: VPN use is required for these services.
- Campus Directory: To view entries in the campus directory, select the directory from Midd's web site (bottom right corner) or http://go.middlebury.edu/directory. When not logged in, some information in the directory may be hidden to the general public. To see more information as if you’re on campus, click “Log On” at the bottom of the page, and enter your Midd username and password.
- Virtual labs and computers: A VPN connection is required. See Apporto (above) to see if it can meet your needs without need for VPN.
- Research databases and indexes (e.g., JSTOR): Use the links at http://go.middlebury.edu/databases and enter your Midd username and password when prompted. Once you’ve logged in for one database, your login will remain active for other databases you access during that session.
- Electronic journals (e.g., Science): Use the links at http://go.middlebury.edu/journals and enter your Midd username and password when prompted. Once you’ve logged in for one journal, your login will remain active for other journals you access during that session.
- Ebooks: You can find all of our ebooks (from EBL, EBSCO, Hathi Trust and other providers) in LibrarySearch and MIDCAT; enter your Midd username and password if prompted.
- Book renewals: Go to My MIDCAT (http://go.middlebury.edu/mymidcat). View the items checked out to you and select those which you'd like to renew. Please contact Library Circulation (below) with any questions about renewing, returning or borrowing.
- Interlibrary Loan -- articles: If you’re away from campus in a study abroad program or on sabbatical, you may request electronic delivery of articles. Requests can be placed from many of our research databases, and articles will be sent to your ILLiad account. You also may go directly to ILLiad (http://go.middlebury.edu/ill) to place an article request. (Please do not request books when you will not be available to pick them up in Middlebury.) For more information see: Information for Off-Campus ILL Patrons