Resources Requiring VPN for Off-campus Access
Last updated: 3/18/2020
If you plan to work with any of the following resources from off campus, you must first establish a VPN connection. Note: VPN access must be requested; please request access by creating a Helpdesk Ticket.
- Middfiles and Miisfiles connections using cifs or smb and mapped drives (such as N/: at Midd and S:/ at MIIS).
- Important: You can use Web Access to access Middfiles and Miisfiles without the need for VPN!
- Cisco Unified Communications Self-Care Portal used to change phone PINs and manage other phone settings
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) used to work with various enterprise applications
- Virtual labs or computers
- Banner Admin (aka Banner 9)
- Note: BannerWeb, commonly used for checking grades, time entry and approvals, does not require VPN.
- Content 7 document management system
- Hyperion reporting
- FAMIS maintenance work order system
- Remote Desktop Connection, used to connect to another computer so you see the remote computer's desktop as if you were sitting right in front of it.
- Vectorworks, vector-based architectural software used for set and lighting design