Resources Requiring VPN for Off-campus Access
Revision as of 10:27, 18 March 2019 by Cynthia Slater (Replaced mention of Nolij with Content 7; adjusted categories)
If you plan to work with any of the following resources from off campus, you must first establish a VPN connection:
- Middfiles connections using cifs or smb (although there are other, less-recommended options)
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) used to work with various administrative applications
- Virtual labs or computers
- Banner Admin (aka Banner 9)
- Note: BannerWeb, commonly used for checking grades, time entry and approvals, does not require VPN.
- Content 7 document management system
- Hyperion reporting
- FAMIS maintenance work order system
- Remote Desktop Connection, used to connect to another computer so you see the remote computer's desktop as if you were sitting right in front of it.
- Vectorworks, vector-based architectural software used for set and lighting design
Last reviewed: 3/18/2019