SMART Classroom Troubleshooting
Revision as of 17:18, 14 January 2009 by Christopher Hunt (talk | contribs) (Added external link at top)
See also: go/media for guides to each classroom.
- VGA cable is connected firmly to correct port (blue color, typically)
- System has powered ON
- Projector is ON
- If the projector is on, it will project a message in one of the corner, at least indicating it is ON
- Dell laptops: Press the Function (Fn) key and the F8 key together (Fn+F8), then wait a few seconds
- This toggles the display mode so the laptop is using its LCD, as well as the VGA connection
- Other PC laptops may have a similar keyboard combination, usually indicated by the symbolic representation of a computer screen
- If your laptop's LCD is showing your Desktop, but the LCD is only projecting your desktop background:
- Right-click on a blank spot on the Desktop:
- Vista: select "Personalize"
- XP: select "Display Properties"
--- Also see PC laptop projection problems
Password Protected Classrooms
The audio/visual equipment in Dana Auditorium, Sunderland 110, Twilight Auditorium, and the Old Chapel boardroom is password protected. Please contact the Helpdesk x2200 for the passwords. Helpdesk staff can visit the Internal Wiki for more information.
- This page was last edited on 29 January 2010, at 18:39.
- About Library & ITS Wiki