Scholarship at Middlebury: Adding items via Project Client
- Open CONTENTdm Project Client
- Create a new project if you haven't already
- Create a metadata template (left column) for your project with default information for the following fields
- Physical description: leaves
- Year: 2012 (or current year)
- Degree: B.A.
- Language: English
- Genre: Theses
- Rights: Copyright retained by author.
- Collection: Scholarship at Middlebury
- Type of media: text
- Digital format: application/pdf
- Cataloger: [your initials]
- In left column of Project Settings manager, click Processing
- Under PDF File Conversion, choose "Do Not Convert multiple-page PDF files to compound objects"
Add single item
- Click Add item from left menu
- Specify file: browse to folder containing item
- Click Add button
- At the summary window, you should see a message that the item was added successfully. Close window
- Double-click item
- The title field should have the file item ID in it (e.g., s10econ2012jones). Copy and paste it into the Identifier field
- Add correct title to the title field, and then continue to other fields & complete with appropriate metadata
- To view document, click the View button in left column under thumbnail
Upload item for approval
- When finished adding all metadata & closing, you'll return to the porject tab/screen.
- Click Upload for approval