Self Service Password Reset Pilot
Participants in the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) pilot project who forget their Middlebury account password will be able to reset it by visiting http://go.middlebury.edu/chgpwd.
Why are we doing this pilot?
- Use of Microsoft’s Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) will remove our reliance on Banner PINs and our in-house “Activation” page for password changes.
- Use of SSPR is consistent with how password resets are handled elsewhere.
- This password reset method will have easy access from many College login pages and will bring greater account security.
What do you need to do?
- Open the web browser on your device and go to the password reset registration page.
- Enter your username and the password.
- The following options are available for you to configure and verify.
- Office phone: This option is already set
- Authentication Phone: Set this option to another phone number that you have access to. An example is a cell phone that can receive a text or a call.
- Authentication Email: Set this option to an alternate email address that you can access without using the password you want to reset.
- Security Questions: You can't use the same question or answer more than once.
- Provide and verify the information.
Note: We suggest that you register multiple methods. This gives you flexibility when one of the methods isn't available, for instance when you're traveling and you're unable to access your office phone.
Another Heading for Good Measure
How to Provide Feedback
Please use our online form to submit feedback about the pilot project.