Share a Distribution List using Outlook
Revision as of 12:22, 14 October 2008 by Petar Mitrevski (New page: == Send The Distribution List == # Open a new message; address it to the intended recipient; supply a Subject line, if you desire. # Click the message body. Do one of the following to inse...)
Send The Distribution List
- Open a new message; address it to the intended recipient; supply a Subject line, if you desire.
- Click the message body. Do one of the following to insert the distribution list into a message:
- If Microsoft Word is your e-mail editor
- Click the distribution list in your Contacts list.
- Drag to hover over the Taskbar button for your message.
- When the message opens you can drop the list into the message.
- If Microsoft Outlook is your e-mail editor
- From the Insert menu, select Item.
- In the Look in list, click the folder that contains the distribution list that you want to send. Distribution lists are saved in the Contacts folder by default.
- In the Items list, click the distribution list that you want to send, and then click OK.
- Send the message.
Move A Distribution List From A Message To Contacts
- Open the message that contains the distribution list.
- Click the attached distribution list and drag it to the Contacts folder.
Note that the distribution list is now independent from the list made by the sender. If the sender updates the original list, the duplicate list does NOT reflect the update.