What is TMS?
TMS (The Museum System) is replacing File Maker Pro for managing the Museum's collection. Up to two users can use TMS at the same time. Currently, only a handful of staff have accounts but more can be added. Museum staff should submit a ticket to request additional accounts.
To use TMS
- Follow these instructions to connect to the remote desktop services https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/wiki/LIS/Using_Remote_Desktop_Services_on_a_Mac
- Once connected to the remote desktop services, type moatms in the search box
- Double-click "MOATMS" under Remote Resources
- You will be logged into the server that has the TMS software.
- Double-click the desktop shortcut for "The Museum Software" to access TMS.
- To login to TMS, enter your username and enter any one letter (just one, at it must be a letter, not a space). This tells the TMS software to use your windows login.
- You can press F1 (or Fn+F1 on a Mac) to get the TMS help pages.
- To get further support, you should login to the TMS community site and submit a ticket.