How to take screenshots:
- Press the PrintScreen key (click here for a picture of where PrintScreen is located on the keyboard) to capture an image of the entire screen and store it in the Windows clipboard.
- You can then paste (Edit menu => Paste or CTRL+V) into any application that supports pasting (Microsoft Word, Outlook, MS Paint Photoshop, Indesign).
- For example, you can open a new Word document and select Paste from the Edit menu. The screenshot will be pasted in Word. You can attach this document to an e-mail message and send it to the helpdesk.
- To take a picture of the entire desktop hold down the <command> key (the key immediately to the left of the space bar) and the <shift> keys, then press the <3> key. The picture will appear on the the desktop as a file with the name "Picture 1" (or a higher number at the end if you've taken more than one screenshot).
- You can attach this picture to an e-mail message and send it to the helpdesk.
- Another way of taking a screenshot on a Mac is using Apple's built-in Grab application: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh364.html