Troubleshooting Banner and BannerWeb
Banner (INB) crashes while loading
- Most likely culprit is toolbars. Remove all third-party toolbars (Google, Yahoo, etc.) from Internet Explorer and from Firefox, then try INB again.
- If user has only tried INB with IE, try it with Firefox. Install Banner in Firefox and install INB; then restart Firefox and load INB, and it should work.
- Uninstall old versions of Java and Oracle. Check add/remove programs. If has many old versions of Java, uninstall oldest versions; also, look for multiple versions of Oracle JInitiator. If has 2 or more, uninstall them all, then go/inb -> Production to reinstall.
- This site has some helpful hints, too: http://ucis.dal.ca/services/other_services/admin/support/pc_standards.html#crash
- In IE, disable add-ons. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Manage Add-ons and disable some, many, or all add-ons.
Unable to use "Extract Data No Key" function
This bug only happens in Internet Explorer. *.middlebury.edu needs to be added to trusted sites.
Forgotten PIN As long as a user's access has not been disabled by trying the wrong PIN too many times, a user can reset his PIN using the "Forgot PIN?" button at http://go.middlebury.edu/bannerweb. He'll need to answer the security question he (should have) set up.
Lockouts A user who enters the wrong PIN in too many times is locked out of his account permanently until he comes to us to get his PIN reset.