Troubleshooting Banner and BannerWeb
Banner (INB) crashes while loading
- Toolbars are the most common culprit. Go to Add/Remove Programs, remove all third-party toolbars (Google, Yahoo, etc.) from Internet Explorer and from Firefox, then try INB again. (Be aware that Java updates, and updates of many other apps, try to install 3rd-party toolbars for you.)
- Check versions of Java and Oracle. Go to Control Panel -> Java icon, Updates tab, click Update Now. If updates are needed, restart afterwards. Under Add/Remove Programs, remove all instances of Oracle JInitiator; then re-install (in IE, just go/inb; in Firefox, this link - Windows only).
- This site has some helpful hints, too: http://ucis.dal.ca/services/other_services/admin/support/pc_standards.html#crash
- In IE, disable add-ons. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Manage Add-ons and disable some, many, or all add-ons.
- Try Firefox if IE doesn't work after these tips.
Unable to use "Extract Data No Key" function
This bug only happens in Internet Explorer. *.middlebury.edu needs to be added to trusted sites.
Forgotten PIN As long as a user's access has not been disabled by trying the wrong PIN too many times, a user can reset his PIN using the "Forgot PIN?" button at http://go.middlebury.edu/bannerweb. He'll need to answer the security question he (should have) set up.
Lockouts A user who enters the wrong PIN in too many times is locked out of his account permanently until he comes to us to get his PIN reset.