Troubleshooting Classes and Dropbox Folder Issues
- Read the intended Classes_server_and_Dropbox_folder_behavior
- Check if the student is a member of one of the Outlook Distribution Lists for the class: xxxyyy-zz-students; xxxyyy-zz-audits (e.g. wags0200a-f09-students; wags0200a-f09-audits).
- Record what kind of computer is used to access the dropbox (record whether it's a PC or Mac, what OS and version). Record verbosely, step by step, what happens when they try to use the dropbox.
- Have the student login to one of the public PC computers or the Helpdesk PC computers, try copy and save a file to the the dropbox. Record what happens.
- Please take screenshots of any error messages.
- If the students have their computers with them, do step 3 and 4 on their own computers, as well.
- Send all screenshots and notes to a Helpdesk ticket.
Note: A file OR a folder copied or saved in the dropbox is only visible to the instructor(s) of the course and the person who copied/saved the file there. Files/folders created in the dropbox by one user should not visible to other students of the class.