Troubleshooting Mac OS X printing problems
Things to try:
- Try printing from a different application. Is the problem occurring with only one application?
- Try logging in as a different user, if that is an option. Is the problem specific to one user account?
- Try removing and reinstalling the printers from the print center.
- If you having been using the generic print drivers, try using specific drivers for the printer in question. Some driver download sites for common manufacturers of printers on campus:
- Occasionally, repairing Disk Permissions with the Disk Utility will resolve printing problems.