Unified Communications Project 2017
Telephone System Replacements - Middlebury, Monterey, and Washington, D.C.
Why are we doing this?
- Middlebury PBX is 20 years old and two years past End of Life (EOL)
- Several single points of failure
- Hard drive failure in 2015 – multiple day outage for some users
- Limited spare parts availability
- Middlebury Network Switches EOL 2017, limited Power over Ethernet (POE), no UPSs
- 911 Compliance
- Middlebury – 911 System is EOL
- Monterey – Pending CA Legislation
- Reduce operating expenses
- Integrate Middlebury and Monterey campuses, plus CNS office in Washington, D.C.