USING OMEKA 2+
FACTS ABOUT OMEKA
- Omeka is a free content management system that makes it easy to collect, store and exhibit digital objects, share digital objects with the public, supplement a book project, ant to create a collaborative class project. It is an ideal solution for historians who want to display collections of documents, archivists who want to organize artifacts into categories, and teachers who want students to learn about the choices involved in assembling historical collections.
WHEN TO USE OMEKA
- You have a set of items you want to display on the web. Omeka is designed to display collections.
- You want to tell stories with those items. With Omeka you can....
- You want to preserve complete information about each object.
WHY TO USE OMEKA
- it's awesome
CHOOSING THE RIGHT OMEKA
- • No server required, web app only
Sites and plugins automatically upgraded • Storage, number of sites, plugin and theme availability varies by plan, some potential costs involved • Best for creating a site quickly and economically, focus is on the content. Works very well for as project space for students.