VPN Setup for Windows
Set up for the native VPN Client on Windows XP
- Click on .
- Click on Control Panel. (If you don't see Control Panel, look for it under the Settings menu.)
- Under Control Panel, find and open Network Connections.
- From the File menu, select New Connection.
- The “New Connection Wizard” will open. Click .
- Choose “Connect to the network at my workplace” and click .
- Select the “Virtual Private Network connection” and click .
- Enter MiddVPN (for the company or connection name) and click .
- If asked to automatically dial a connection, choose Do not dial the initial connection.
- For the Host Name or IP address enter: 22.214.171.124 Click .
- Choose not to use a smart card, if asked by the wizard.
- Select the Anyone’s use usage option, then click .
- Check the Add a shortcut to my desktop box, and click .
- If asked, enter your username and password to start the VPN connection.
- To connect in the future: double click the shortcut named MiddVPN on the Desktop and enter your username and password.
Set up for the native VPN Client on Windows Vista
- Click on the Start button and click Control Panel.
- Select the Network and Sharing Center (if this option is not available immediately, first select Network and Internet)
- In the left navigation area under Tasks – click on Set up a connection or network
- Select Connect to a workplace and click Next.
- If prompted to use an existing connection, choose No, create a new connection and click Next.
- Click on Use my Internet connection (VPN).
Note: if you do not have a current connection to the Internet, the following directions may not apply. Please connect to the Internet before following these instructions.
- Enter the IP address and a name for the connection as listed below and click on Next.
- Enter your Middlebury College username, the password for that account, and MIDD as the domain. Then click on Connect.
- A screen displaying the text “You are connected” will appear when the VPN connection has been established.
- Return to the Network and Sharing Center to disconnect the VPN connection as needed. Click on Manage network connections in the same location to establish future VPN connections.