VPN Setup for Windows
Revision as of 12:36, 24 November 2009 by Linda Knutson (New page: ==== Set up for the native VPN Client on Windows XP ==== # Click on the '''Start''' menu. # If you see a menu with the title “Settings”, go there first, then proceed to the next step....)
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Set up for the native VPN Client on Windows XP
- Click on the Start menu.
- If you see a menu with the title “Settings”, go there first, then proceed to the next step. If you do not see this menu, simply go to the next step.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Under “Control Panel” find and open “Network Connections”.
- From the menu titled “File” select “New Connection”.
- The “New Connection Wizard” will open. Click “Next”.
- Choose “Connect to the network at my workplace” and click “Next”.
- Select the “Virtual Private Network connection” and click “Next”.
- Enter “MiddVPN” (for the company or connection name) and click “Next”.
- If asked to “Automatically dial” a connection, choose “Do not dial the initial connection”.
- For the Host Name or IP address enter: 126.96.36.199 Click “Next”.
- Choose not to use a smart card, if asked by the wizard.
- Select the “Anyone’s use” usage option, then click “Next”.
- Check the “Add a shortcut to my desktop” box, and click “Finish”.
- If asked, enter your username and password to start the VPN connection.
- To connect in the future: double click the shortcut named “MiddVPN” on the Desktop and enter your username and password.
Set up for the native VPN Client on Windows Vista
- Click on the Start button and click Control Panel.
- Select the Network and Sharing Center (if this option is not available immediately, first select Network and Internet)
- In the left navigation area under Tasks – click on Set up a connection or network
- Select Connect to a workplace and click Next.
- If prompted to use an existing connection, choose No, create a new connection and click Next.
- Click on Use my Internet connection (VPN).
Note: if you do not have a current connection to the Internet, the following directions may not apply. Please connect to the Internet before following these instructions.
- Enter the IP address and a name for the connection as listed below and click on Next.
- Enter your Middlebury College username, the password for that account, and MIDD as the domain. Then click on Connect.
- A screen displaying the text “You are connected” will appear when the VPN connection has been established.
- Return to the Network and Sharing Center to disconnect the VPN connection as needed. Click on Manage network connections in the same location to establish future VPN connections.