Weeding, Deaccessioning, Withdraw, Replacements
Most missing items are reported to CM by Circulation. See their documentation for Missing Item Replacement.
- Circulation notifies Acquisitions of titles to be replaced.
- Circulation notifies Catalog Management (CM) staff of titles to be withdrawn.
- Acquisitions searches for lost items/replaces item.
- CM changes b-code 3 to “d” (delete). This suppresses the record from the public catalog and notifies Summon when records have been deleted.
- Delete item records.
- Weekly update files of revised records are sent to Serials Solutions.
- After weekly update file, MARC records marked "d" can be deleted.
Updating OCLC Holdings for Withdrawn Items
MARC record contains 001: Do not update OCLC manually (this will be automated by CMO
MARC record *does not* contain 001: Update OCLC manually
Items Withdrawn by Way of Staff Weeding
- Place items/truck with yellow WITHDREW flags in CM workspace
- CM changes b-code 3 to “d” (delete).
- See steps 4-7 above.