Wiki Purpose and Content
LIS Wiki Purpose and Content:
General discussion page to promote dialogue on the LIS Wiki Purpose and its Content
Q. What is the purpose of the LIS Wiki?
A. From Wiki: “The LIS Wiki contains documentation and project updates from across LIS”. The purpose is to have a single repository for publicly accessible LIS documentation. Users only have to become familiar with one platform for finding answers. In addition, the Wiki can provide space for internal (private) documentation, which is more easily searchable by LIS staff than a proliferation of documents in scattered folders on servers.
From the original LIS Website team Recommendations (pre-web redo): A wiki that holds the technical and procedural documentation maintained by LIS staff, chiefly the Helpdesk and Telephone Services documentation.
Q. What goes in the LIS Wiki?
- Documentation for users about how to use the systems and services we support
- Local/internal documentation on procedures and policies
- User information that would take up too much real-estate on a Drupal page (e.g., Borrowing, Helpdesk)
Guidelines for consistency:
- Keep pages short
- Create TOC (if page is NOT short) by making section headings (4 or more = TOC)
- Assign tags/categories to each page. Check for relevant tags/categories before creating a new one.
Problems that can point to above:
- Poor relevancy of search results
- Duplication of content
- Lack of consistent tags/categories
- Lack of guidelines for creation and maintenance of content
Advanced training — beyond the basics:
[Web Team: maybe omit this section? I believe I added to the Basecamp documentation, which originally mentioned 'education' -- Perhaps add something like "for quick help, see this guide." -- RJ]
- Color, fonts, etc.