Wiki Purpose and Content
LIS Wiki Purpose and Content:
Q. What is the purpose of the LIS Wiki?
A. The LIS Wiki contains publicly accessible documentation contributed and maintained by LIS Staff. This documentation can used by LIS Staff (internally-focused, procedural documentation) and the College community (externally-focused policies, how-to, tutorial, and other documentation).
Q. What goes in the LIS Wiki?
- Documentation for users about how to use the systems and services we support
- Local/internal documentation on procedures and policies
- User information that would take up too much real-estate on a Drupal page (e.g., Borrowing, Helpdesk)
Guidelines for consistency:
- Keep pages short
- Create TOC (if page is NOT short) by making section headings (4 or more = TOC)
- Assign tags/categories to each page. Check for relevant tags/categories before creating a new one.
Problems that can point to above:
- Poor relevancy of search results
- Duplication of content
- Lack of consistent tags/categories
- Lack of guidelines for creation and maintenance of content
Advanced training — beyond the basics:
[Web Team: maybe omit this section? I believe I added to the Basecamp documentation, which originally mentioned 'education' -- Perhaps add something like "for quick help, see this guide." -- RJ]
- Color, fonts, etc.