Wiki Purpose and Content
What is the purpose of the LIS Wiki?
The LIS Wiki contains publicly accessible documentation contributed and maintained by LIS Staff. This documentation can used by LIS Staff (internally-focused, procedural documentation) and the College community (externally-focused policies, how-to, tutorial, and other documentation).
Q. What goes in the LIS Wiki?
- Documentation for users about how to use the systems and services we support
- Local/internal documentation on procedures and policies
- User information that would take up too much real-estate on a Drupal page (e.g., Borrowing, Helpdesk)
Guidelines for consistency:
- Keep pages short
- Create TOC (if page is NOT short) by making section headings (4 or more = TOC)
- Assign tags/categories to each page. Check for relevant tags/categories before creating a new one.
Problems that can point to above:
- Poor relevancy of search results
- Duplication of content
- Lack of consistent tags/categories
- Lack of guidelines for creation and maintenance of content
Advanced training — beyond the basics:
[Web Team: maybe omit this section? I believe I added to the Basecamp documentation, which originally mentioned 'education' -- Perhaps add something like "for quick help, see this guide." -- RJ]
- Color, fonts, etc.