Wiki Purpose and Content
What is the purpose of the LIS Wiki?
The LIS Wiki contains publicly accessible documentation contributed and maintained by LIS Staff. This documentation can used by LIS Staff (internally-focused, procedural documentation) and the College community (externally-focused policies, how-to, tutorial, and other documentation).
What goes in the LIS Wiki?
Some examples of content that is housed the LIS Wiki:
- Policies describing LIS services and systems for the College community
- Information for users about how to use the systems and services LIS supports
- Local/internal documentation on procedures and policies
- Detailed instructions and procedures that would take up too much space on a Drupal page (e.g., Borrowing, Helpdesk)
Guidelines for consistency
- LIS Staff are required to watch Wiki pages with content that relates to their functional work in order to ensure content is accurate and current.
- Do not create lengthy Wiki articles. Instead, organize content thematically and create links between relevant content using Hyperlinks and Categories.
- Add/update content on wiki stub (incomplete) pages.
- Create a Table of Contents (if page is NOT short) by adding section headings (if the page includes 4 or more sections, add a Table of Contents)
- Assign tags/categories to each page. Categorize carefully and frequently. Check for relevant tags/categories before creating new categories.
Who can contribute content to the LIS Wiki?
Anyone with a Middlebury College username and password may contribute content to the LIS Wiki. (Individuals watching a Wiki page will receive automatic notification of changes made to Wiki articles.)