Difference between revisions of "Windows 7"
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
== VPN ==
== VPN ==
Revision as of 11:06, 14 March 2011
- update documentation below for VPN - new Juniper server?
- Test connecting to an old ethernet/network switch like the one in Walkin
- Test Campus Manager registration- should be fixed as of mid-August, 2010
- KMS Server (check with S&N group)
General Network Troubleshooting Notes
- Much like Vista, 7 tries to determine whether you are using an unknown or a known wired or wireless network. Sometimes it fails to recognize that you are using a previously used (a known) network. Disconnecting from the wired or wireless network and reconnecting seems to fix this.
- When connecting to midd_secure don't use MIDD\username (just the username is enough)
- Wireless sometimes displays wireless network names that were nearby before the computer went to sleep. Wait a minute or enable/disable the wireless adapter and this wil clear
INB, Hyperion - MIIS reports good to go, so long as Admin privileges set for Hyperion issue
- Symantec Antivirus works fine if installed from go/antivirus, but need to get latest liveupdate via http://service1.symantec.com/Support/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2006032013262013?Open&docid=1999051911110813&nsf=sharedtech.nsf&view=docid&pid=1999051911110813&pkb=sharedtech
Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007
The installation works just like in Vista and XP and they are fully compatible.
- Control Panel does not have a classic mode
- Seems to work fine, but see TODO list on top.
- midd_unplugged just works, select it from the wireless network menu and you're all set
- midd_secure requires manual configuration (but it may be possible to script the setup)