Windows Hangs Before or After Login
Windows hangs before the login window appears or after pressing CTRL+ALT+Delete
Possible Culprits: Novell Client
- Wait patiently for the login screen to appear
- Update the Novell Client from \\Snowleopard\vol1\Software\Software-Windows
- Uninstall the novell client (control panel => add/remove programs, works in safe mode) then reinstall the Novell Client from \\Snowleopard\vol1\Software\Software-Windows
- Remove the novell client from the login screen:
- Login through safe mode if normal mode is not working
- Start => Run => nwtray.exe => OK
- Look in system tray, right-click the red "N" => Select "Properties", under "Advanced Login", scroll down in the list and set "Initial Novell Login" to "Off". You can then drag Start => Programs => Novell Client to the Desktop (so customers can run the novell login AFTER the windows login)
Windows hangs after login but before seeing the desktop
Possible culprits: Novell client (see above). Old wireless drivers. Hanging printer spooler service.
Note: Before proceding with the solutions, start => run => compmgmt.msc => even viewer => system, then view the errors whose time stamp coincides with the hang.
Possible Solutions: Novell client (see above). Update wireless and wired network drivers. Remove all printers and reinstall them.