Windows Printing Issues
PDF files are slow to print to certain PCL printers (Acrobat 7 on Windows)
This may also cause the printer to run out of memory and crash/stop printing.
Adobe has provided several solutions here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333091&sliceId=1
Here's one sample solution: Solution 3: Change the Print Optimizations setting to "Disabled".
1. Choose Start > Settings > Printers.
2. Right-click the printer you are using and choose Properties.
3. Click the Printing Preferences button.
4. Click the Advanced tab.
5. Under Document Options, choose Disabled next to Print Optimizations, and then click OK.
6. Click OK to close the printer properties window.