- Apply updates and fixes, push to the central Git repository. See WordPress Development.
- ssh to the production host
- cd to the wordpress directory
Domain Names for blogs
1. Add the ServerAlias entries to the Apache VirtualHost config at
/etc/httpd/conf.d/vhost.conf. We don't need separate VirtualHosts because all of the settings are the same. We just need the main virtual host to respond under the new names:
ServerAlias middleburymagazine.com ServerAlias www.middleburymagazine.com
Restart the webserver after making the changes.
# service httpd configtest Syntax OK # service httpd restart Stopping httpd: [ OK ] Starting httpd: [ OK ]
2. As WordPress admin, in a browser go to the network Domain settings page: Network Admin --> Settings --> Domains
Add the hostnames from step one for the blog without the Primary box checked.
3. Add the primary host-name to the allowed services list on the CAS server so that site editors can log on.
4. Set the primary host-name to have the Primary flag
5. Update the DNS.