Difference between revisions of "WordPress Development"
(→Cloning the central repository)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 16:27, 10 August 2011
WordPress is used at Middlebury by a variety of individuals and groups including faculty, staff, students, administrators, designers, developers, librarians, technologists, academic and administrative departments, offices, student organizations, courses, initiatives, projects and so on. This document compiles recommendations about how Wordpress at Middlebury should be configured, updated and maintained.
Cloning the central repository
Your ssh keys must be authorized to access the central repository. All chisel accounts' ssh keys have been authorized to do so at the time of this writing. Contact Adam to add ssh keys for other machines (such as your desktop) if desired.
- cd to your public_html directory on chisel:
- clone the repository and create a working directory with git-clone:
git clone email@example.com:wordpress-mu.git wordpress
- cd into new wordpress directory
- initialize submodules and then update:
git submodule init
git submodule update
- cd to your wordpress directory:
- Create a local copy of your WordPress configuration
cp wp-config.php-midd wp-config.php