Requirements List to Date
- Login protected customizable personal page
- Jobs database (students)
- Banner access to academic records, scheduling (students, faculty)
- Banner access to budgets (staff)
- Banner access to HR (all)
- Customizable subscriptions to specific information (e.g., events) via RSS (all)
- Portal to Facebook, iTunes, Yelp, Flickr, etc. (all)
- Offer main page + main admissions page in several languages
- Tell the story: pragmatic idealism
- Sharpen brand focus: be the solution
- We're not DLI/military/only a language school
- Student Chinese blogger --> made impact --> make more/system alignment
- Loading page as welcome
- People/story first --> then MIIS website
- CAREER = return on investment?
- Students are interested in financial aid, job placement statistics, etc.
- They're going to spend 2 years in Monterey & pay thousands of $$ -- what will they get in return?
- What kind of monetary situation will the be in 10 yrs down the road?
- Highlight student resumes, alumni statistics, reputation of graduates
- When you're 55, what will you have done in your life?
- Number of refugees helped
- Number of communities developed
- Among the lowest default rate in the nation
- Robust calendar interface
- Consistent navigation - simplified navigation
- Support delivery to mobile devices
Here are the survey results: https://surveys.middlebury.edu/report/133248/-1/d2af
And here is the link to the survey itself-- tell all your friends, and if you are in a high traffic office like Rafael's, please consider making up cards to hand out with this information. https://surveys.middlebury.edu/survey/133248/e8df
- Current students (expected to increase with implementation of Banner)
- New students (orientation)
- Staff groups
- Admissions, records, financial aid
- Advancement and communications
- HR, student services, school staff
- IT, library, TLC
- Direct reports + deans
- Prospective students (esp. international students & their parents)
Focus Group Questions
- Questions should mirror the survey questions.
- What do you use the MIIS website for? What do you like about the site? Why?
- What are some other websites that you like? What do you like about them?
- Possible scavenger hunt questions to test accessibility.
Using the Site as a Portal
- Provide students with a blogging system
- Likely that they will provide vivid pictures of their life at MIIS through these unofficial promotional tools
Additional Items to Consider
- Need to establish style guide for website so all future pages look similar, don't have competing information
- ex: 2 dueling calendars, 2 issue sites
- Establish email connection between Recruiting & Anne Marie
- once a week email detailing changes being made to the site
- maybe use Yammer instead?