Examples and Ideas
The Examples and Ideas page contains examples of how people here at MIIS are already using Elluminate as well as offering suggestions for additional ways to make the most out of using Elluminate in your classroom.
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARCH 2009
Using Application Sharing, the Chat Window and the Whiteboard students and teachers can jointly create a story based on picture prompts.
- Application Sharing enables both the student and the teacher to see the same pictures to talk about in real time. The pictures could be shared as a powerpoint slideshow or a photo movie or a variety of other methods from one computer to another.
- The Chat window provides a way to record the elements of the story as they are created and then later save them into a text document that preserves them outside of Elluminate.
- The Whiteboard can then be used to display the story so the teacher and student can review what they've created and edit it as they go.
All three elements work together quite nicely for creating a story over a distance and then preserving it for future use.
Other ideas for using these three aspects of Elluminate could be:
- Professionals or students from different locations collaborating for a conference or group presentation or writing a joint paper.
- Using these three tools to "dry run" a presentation or a lecture.
Can you think of other ways that this same idea could be applied?