ITunes U Site Development
From MIIS Wiki
MIIS iTunes U Presence
- University of Michigan has a great 3-column layout
- Can include dynamic elements such as "Top Downloads"
- Need to have a public presence on iTunes in order to be granted the Public Feature Page template used by Michigan, Stanford, Duke, etc.
- Far less likely to get a site as a department of an institution.
- For example, if you say, "We're the Theatre Department of Generic U and we'd like a site if we can get it," you are far less likely to get a site than if you say, "We're Generic U and we'd like a site if we can get it.
- Submitted for approval on Tuesday 11/19/2008
- Approved 12/15/2008
- Should appear in public iTunes Store within 3 weeks of approval date
Additional Work to be Done
- To get the three-column format, ask Apple to create a public site with the public features page for you.
Write Style Guide
Create Launch/Support Page
- Needs to be created
- Several good examples:
- Do I have to pay to access MIIS on iTunes U?
- What if I have Windows? Can I still install iTunes?
- How do I access MIIS on iTunes U?
- Is MIIS's content part of the iTunes Music Store?
- Can I access MIIS on iTunes U directly without first opening a browser?
- A podcast has images, but they do not appear when I play it. How can I see them?
- I can see other people's playlist in my iTunes. Did someone hack into my computer?
- What do I need to use iTunes U?
- Do I need an iPod to use iTunes U?
- Where can I download iTunes?
- How do I login to iTunes U?
- Is the MIIS on iTunes content under copyright protection?
- What is a podcast?
- How can I create my own podcast?
- Where in iTunes is the content I downloaded from MIIS on iTunes U?
- Can I use other mp3 players with iTunes?
- What else can I do using the iTunes software?
- I want to distribute a URL to something specific in iTunesU. Can I link directly to this content?