Difference between revisions of "Instructions for Windows Vista"
(New page: '''Configuring and Connecting to MIISAE with Windows Vista''' <br> (This instruction is in Windows Vista view, not in Classic View) <br> '''A. Configuring a Vista computer to access MI...)
Revision as of 16:05, 19 December 2008
Configuring and Connecting to MIISAE with Windows Vista
(This instruction is in Windows Vista view, not in Classic View)
A. Configuring a Vista computer to access MIISAE
1. Click Start, and the then Connect to from the Windows Vista desktop
2. Click Set up a connection or network
3. Click Manually connect to a wireless network, and then click Next Note: If the Manually connect to a wireless network option is not present in the Choose a connection option dialog box, make sure that your wireless network adapter appears in the Network Connection folder as a wireless connection and is enabled.
4. Under Enter information for the wireless network you to add, configure the following: • Network name :MIISAE. • Security type: WPA-Enterprise or WPA2-Enterprise (WPA2 provides stronger wireless security than WPA, it is recommended you choose over WPA2 than WPA) • Encryption type: TKIP or AES (you must choose TKIP for WPA or AES for WPA2) • Security Key/Passphrass (leave blank) • Check Start this connection automatically • Check Connect even if the network is not broadcasting And then click Next
5. Click Change connection settings
6. From the Connection tab, check connect automatically when this network is in range and check connect even if the network is not broadcasting
7. Go to the Security tab, make sure the following options are chosen in the fields: Security type: WPA-Enterprise or WPA2-Enterprise Encryption type: TKIP or AES (TKIP for WPA or AES for WPA2) Choose a network authentication method: Protected EAP (PEAP) and the click on Settings…
8. Uncheck "validate server certificate" and then click the Configure button to open EAP MSCHAP2 properties
9. Uncheck the “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)” checkbox and then click OK
10. Click OK to close Protected EAP Properties
11. Click OK to close MIISAE Wireless Network properties
12. Click “Close” to close Manually Connect to a Wireless Network window
B. Connecting your configured computer to the MIISAE Network
Once you have completed the configuration steps in the above section, you should be able to see a “bubble” prompting in at the right-lower corner of your task-bar. You can then follow the below steps to connect to the network. 1. Click on the bobble “Additional information is required to connect to MIISAE” prompted in your task-bar. 2. When a network dialog box will appear. Enter your MIIS network username and password (do not fill in the domain name). And then lick OK
3. You should now be able to connect to MIIS network resources and the internet.