Instructions for Windows XP
Configuring and Connecting to MIISAE with Windows XP
Simple Version for Windows w/sp2
A. Configuring a computer to access MIISAE
1) Open Control Panel
a. Click Start, Run
b. Type “Control Panel”
c. Click Ok.
2) Under the Control Panel, click on Switch to Classic View
3) Double Click on Network Connections icon
4) Right Click on Wireless Network Connection, and then select Properties
5) Click on the Wireless Networks tab
a. Make sure that the “Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings” is checked
b. In the preferred networks section, click the Add button.
c. Enter “MIISAE” into the SSID field.
d. Select WPA or WPA2 in the Network Authentication dropdown
(WPA2 provides stronger wireless security that WPA)
e. Select TKIP for WPA, and select AES for WPA2 in the Data Encryption dropdown
6) Click the Authentication Tab
a. Select “Protected EAP” in the EAP Type dropdown
b. Uncheck the “Authenticate as computer when computer information is available”
c. Click Properties button to open Protected EAP Properties page
a) Uncheck “validate server certificate”
b) Click the Configure button to open EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties
• Uncheck the “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)” checkbox
• Click OK
c) Click OK on the Protected EAP Properties dialog.
7) Click OK on the wireless network connections properties dialog.
B. Connecting to MIISAE Network with Windows XP
Once you have configured your wireless network adapter card to match the security settings of the MIISAE network, you can follow below steps to connect to the network.
1) Right Click on the Wireless Network Connection icon in the system tray or the Wireless Network Connection item in the Network Connections page, and then select View Available Wireless Networks.
2) Double click on the MIISAE network.
3) Wait for a few seconds, there will be a bubble that appears prompting you to “Click here to select a certificate or other credentials for connection to the network MIISAE” as shown below. Click on the bubble.
4) A network dialog box will appear. Enter your MIIS network username and password (do not fill in the domain name). Click OK
5) You should now be able to connect to MIIS network resources and the internet.