From MIIS Wiki
Revised List of Requirements
- Login protected customizable personal page that customizes the user experience based on MIIS affiliation
- Jobs database (students)
- Banner access to academic records, scheduling (students, faculty)
- Banner access to budgets (staff)
- Alumni portal (alumni)
- Banner access to HR (all)
- Customizable subscriptions to specific information (e.g., events) via RSS (all)
- Offer main page + main admissions page in several languages
- Tell the story: pragmatic idealism
- Sharpen brand focus: "Be the Solution"
- Interactive elements
- Stronger ties to Moodle/other web presences
- Integrate content from FirstClass
- Robust calendar interface
- Simple, consistent navigation -- no duplicate links
- Support delivery to mobile devices
- Portal to Facebook, iTunes U, Yelp, Flickr, etc.
- Streamlined and branded e-commerce solution
- What are the big themes? Are the same things coming up in every group?
- Define what information is in each channel
- People can "tune in" to channels they find interesting
- What are the 3 or 5 or 6 big "channels"?
Information Architecture Draft
- Parallels the way Middlebury looks at architecture
- "above the fold" marketing site/"below the fold" interactive site