Minutes for 11/14/08
From MIIS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Minutes November 14, 2008
1. Jeremy and DeVan are out today.
2. Minutes from last weeks meeting:
- Pilar: working on IT logo w/ Kristen, working on iMovie workshop w/ Luis and Sai
- DeVan: Following up on thank you emails, library advertising
- Sai: working on Truckis poster issue, tutorial and skitch, iMovie workshop
- Ryan: working w/ wordpress infrastructure
- Luis: iShowU vs. SnapZ/ iMovie workshop
- Follow up on workshops for this week
3. Video Compresion (from Jeremy):
- If everyone can watch the video I made last year on codecs that's an introductory video on codecs (compresion/decompresion of video) and file formats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb7M0ciLTrE
- For using FFmpegX the website has a lot of really good documentation that explains different aspects such as bitrate, framerate, etc. http://www.ffmpegx.com/video.html
- Please provide Jeremy with very specific questions you have about video compression. You can write them under the google doc "Video Compresion Questions."
4. Internal Certification:
- I think we need some sort of internal certification process for the different concepts (aka storytelling/podcasting/etc) and programs (aka garageband/iMovie/Gimp/wordpress/etc) so lets think about how we are going to do that.
Three possible areas:
- What is the concept/what is the program used for?
- Creation of an original product (alone) using a certain predecided elements. (For instance if it was iMovie O8 you would have to import a video, use transitions, use pictures, change volume level, put in a title, etc-things that you need to know how to do.)
- Troubleshooting knowledge- understanding of more difficult questions and the ability to quickly find unknown answers.
- Solution Documentation:
- As we are working on a day to day basis, and have questions that come up, lets make sure we document the solutions. Just make a post on the blog with the issue/problem/question and how it was resolved with screenshots if possible.
- Discuss working situation after school gets out December 16, 2008.